PRACTICE AREAS | EMPLOYMENT LAW
Communication and fairness are the main concepts underpinning successful workplace relations. When either of these is absent it is easy for an employment relationship to quickly turn sour.
Blackwells advise on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, with the principal aim of reducing the possibility of costly and stressful legal proceedings. Acting for employers, whether they are businesses or not-for-profit organisations, we can give advice on:
- The preparation of employment agreements
- Ensuring workplace practices comply with legislative changes
- Best practice for handling disputes, including those relating to misconduct and dismissal
- Redundancy and restructuring issues
Acting for employees, we can:
- Comment upon and assist in negotiations concerning employment agreements
- Advise in relation to rights and strategies arising from unfair dismissals or 'disadvantage' issues
If negotiation and discussion fail then we are experienced in adding value to the mediation process conducted by the Mediation Service, as well as pursuing proceedings in the Employment Authority and Employment Court.
Key contact for employment law advice:
Simon Blackwell | Partner | DDI: + 64 9 913 0850 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org