WHO WE ARE | NIGEL SEEBOLD, PARTNER
Barrister & Solicitor
BA LLB (University of Auckland)
Nigel Seebold specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, and finance. Prior to joining Blackwells, Nigel was for many years a commercial partner in a large national law firm.
He has worked across all areas of general corporate and commercial law with experience in mergers, acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, shareholder agreements, joint ventures and due diligence for New Zealand and international clients. Nigel has broad experience negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts for clients including service and supply contracts, terms of trade, licensing and franchise agreements. Through his transactional experience Nigel has developed an excellent understanding of corporate structures assisting clients to develop the most appropriate model for the relevant matter. He has considerable experience with governance issues, directors’ duties, compliance and providing advice on a range of matters to the boards of both listed and unlisted corporates. He has also acted for corporates in relation to capital raisings of both debt and equity.
Nigel has advised both New Zealand and off-shore banks, financial institutions and corporates on a wide variety of finance related transactions. These include loan facilities, securities, syndications, securitisations, workouts and capital raising projects. He has also acted for statutory managers and receivers in some of New Zealand’s largest corporate insolvencies.
He has presented numerous seminars on corporate, commercial and finance topics and has written articles for National Business Review and the International Financial Law Review.
Past and recent experience includes:
- Acting for listed investment company Hellaby Holdings Limited on acquisitions, disposals, restructuring and capital raisings (both debt and equity)
- Advising Media Works in relation to the takeover by Ironbridge capital (NZ$740 million)
- Acting on the acquisition of engineering business MSL Limited
- Advising on and negotiating documentation for large dairy sector projects
- Advising on shareholder agreements, put and call options and share acquisitions in the online retailing sector
- Advising on corporate restructurings
Nigel Seebold | Partner |
DDI: + 64 9 913 0854 |